Editors, below is a list of published clips for your review. If you like what you see please click here.
Country Guy in the City – An interview with Clint Black.
“Q&A with Lisa Matthews, co-founder of kids’ band Milkshake” – Interview with mom rocker and band member, Lisa Matthews.
“Teaching Children the Spirit of Giving”- Tips for getting kids in the giving mood.
“Thanksgiving for Single Moms” – Celebrating Thanksgiving without arguments.
“When Parents worry, Kids worry” - A look at how parents can keep their kids worry-free by managing personal stress.
“Single’s Guide to Valentine’s” - Three tips to help single parents have a great Valentine’s Day.
“Working for his girls” - A reflection on President Obama’s letter to his daughters.
“Twelve’s the Magic Number” - A NY spotlight on National Adoption Awareness Month.
“No Bully Zone” - New bullying prevention programs keep kids safe at school.
“Time-out Tips”- If you struggle with the concept of time-out, this article outlines the how and why of what parents should do to avoid problems.
“Making Baby’s Food” For busy moms who want to feed their babies without breaking the bank, here’s a recipe that baby will love.
“Congrats You’re a Dad: 10 Pre-baby Tips for a Great Pregnancy” Dads, don’t know how to help Mom get through the pregnancy, here are ten ways to make her feel loved and nurtured without going nuts!
Where’s the Meat? – A review of a play about the Garcias, chorizo gurus of New Jersey.
Get Furry with Venus in Fur – A look at the intimacies of a complex relationship between a man and woman.
Hurt so Good by The Hurt Village – A play about the trials of several members of a poor, inner-city Southern community.
Off-Broadway meets Childcare with Playtime! - A review of a babysitting service specifically for theater-going parents.
“The Selfish Giant – Review” – A review of a children’s play about a selfish giant.
“Big Apple Chorus serenades New York” – A review of the Big Apple Chorus.
“Gustafer Yellowgold – Concert Review” - Review of a cartoon character’s musical journey.
Quips & Tips for Achieving your Goals – Unemployed? 5 Ways to Fight the “I don’t have a job blues”
Quips & Tips for Successful Writers – Expressive Writing – 5 Ways to Write with Emotion and Hook Readers
The Freshman Writer – The place for beginning writers to be with editorials, quotes and tips to help new writers succeed.
- 2008 – Present – Founder and Editor of The Freshman Writer, the place for beginning writers to be.
- 2010 – Present – Blogger for Naptime Stories, a site for parents who use naptime as funtime.
- 2008 – 2011 – Discussion Leader at Momslikeme.com, a social networking site just for moms. Started and joined discussions on various topics affecting moms today. Monitored site for inappropriate content and reported to superiors. Also provided interviews and articles regarding all things moms/parenting. Provided information regarding counseling, parenting strategies, education, etc.
- 2008 – 2010 – NY Parenting Examiner at Examiner.com – Write articles on topics that affect NYC parents day in and day out. Provide helpful ways for dealing with different issues facing parents today as well as write about family events, reviews, etc.
- 2007 - 2011 – Socio-therapist at a large foster care agency with a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling.
- 2005 – Present – Freelance Writer with credits online and in print.
Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling – 2008
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management – 2004
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR – 2011 – 2014