Heiddi’s Disclosure Policy:
This policy is active as of October 28, 2011. Any reviews done before this date may not adhere to these guidelines and are NOT subject to this policy. This policy is subject to change and may be updated at any time.
This is the personal blog written and edited by Heiddi Zalamar. If you have any questions regarding this site, please email me at Hzalamar (at) gmail (dot) com.
This blog accepts many forms of compensation, including (but not limited to) paid posts, sponsorships, advertising, products, and trips.
The compensation Heiddi receives may influence links or post topics of this blog, but will never influence Heiddi’s opinions on any subject or product.
Compensation levels will be stated clearly at the beginning or end of any post that mentions a product, service or location that is covered by any of the levels listed below (or possibly within a post if there are many products listed, such as a gift list). If no compensation level is listed, it is to be assumed that there was no compensation involved with the post or any products, services or locations mentioned in the post. For the purposes of these levels user does not consider transportation to and from a local event, or food consumed at an event, as compensation. Compensation refers to cash, gift certificates, products, or services.
- Level 0: Heiddi has no significant relationship with any product, service or brand mentioned in this post.
- Level 1: The product or service mentioned was provided to Heiddi free of charge (or at a considerable discount not available to the public).
- Level 2: The product or service mentioned was provided free of charge and Heiddi was compensated to post about the product or service.
- Level 3: Heiddi was compensated for inserting links from a specific website into this post.
- Level 4: Heiddi was compensated for including a product in pictures or videos in this post.
- Level 5: Heiddi was compensated for attending the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 6: Heiddi was compensated for posting about the event mentioned in this post.
- Level 7: Heiddi was provided with transportation, food, lodging, tickets, and/or other incidentals for the trip mentioned in this post.
- Level 8: Although not specifically compensated for this post, Heiddi has an ongoing relationship with a company or person connected with a product, service or location mentioned in this post that Heiddi feels may have influenced her decision to post about it.
- Level 9: Products or services were provided to Heiddi to give away in a contest.
- Level 10: Products or services were provided to Heiddi to give away in a contest and to keep for his/her own use or for review.
- Level 11: Heiddi was compensated for administering this contest.
- Level 12: The product or service mentioned advertises directly with Heiddi’s website.
- Level 13: This is a sponsored post. Heiddi was compensated to write this post. While Heiddi’s opinions in the post are authentic, talking points may have been suggested by the sponsor.
- Level 14: Heiddi is under contract with the company, product or service mentioned in this post. While not specifically paid for this post, Heiddi is paid by the company to attend events and write about the company/product/service. Heiddi receives free samples of the product, special access to the company, and all of Heiddi’s costs are covered when attending events related to the company.
- Level 15: Heiddi works for the company mentioned in the post on a freelance basis.
If Heiddi is given free products of minimal value at a conference, event or meeting that are being given to all attendees, such as bags, books, water bottles, small product samples, coupons, etc., she does not consider these items as compensation and will not necessarily disclose them when talking about a product.
All comments on Heiddi’s blog are strictly moderated. All opinions are welcome, but any insulting comments will be deleted.